San Antonio, TX asked in Elder Law for Texas

Q: How Do I exercise DPOA limit to a family member whom is trying to move in my mothers home w four children and self.?

We are currently in a APS/CPS involving this niece and my parent. The police were involved since child neglect is an issue. My mother is 84 yrs old n disabled. Sarah leaves her children, 1-3 children per incident w her on a regular basis.

I need to keep her away from my parent for her well-being and safety.

Location-Victoria Tx

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Terry Lynn Garrett

  • Elder Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Who lets her in? It is still your mother's house. If your mother lets her in the door, will it help to put a padlock and a no trespassing sign on the gate?

On the other hand, if the niece has harmed your mother while "living" there, get a temporary restraining order based on domestic violence.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.