Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Louisiana

Q: What can I do to protect my daughter from husbands girlfriend who is on drugs

My husband brings my daughter with him to visit his girlfriend. She has been arrested many times for drugs and other things. She is a known dealer. She previously had her kids taken away from her for a short period of time. My hisband tells my 6 year old daughter not to tell me that they go and visit the girl. What can I do????

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Print every thing you can find about the girl friends record. Next hire a private investigator to document that he is taking your child to visit her or that she is visiting him while he has your child. Then hire a custody attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.