Oklahoma City, OK asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: What could happen if I failed my ua for probation nd its third time failing What can happen for when I go to court

I failed my drug test on Dec 26 I’m on Probation all I have is 40 hour Community service left and I’ll be off but since I failed how much time can I be lookin at I’m on probation for poss cs

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Kiele Linroth Pace

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Community supervision could be revoked, or it could be extended, or conditions might be added, or the defendant might just get a warning and continued on probation.

If it was regular "straight" probation the offender could be locked up to serve their sentence.

If it was Deferred Adjudication probation then there isn't yet any formal sentence so the defendant could be sentenced to anything within the punishment range for the offense. For example, if a person was on Deferred Adjudication for a 3rd degree felony, he or she could be sentenced to 2 to 10 years in the state penitentiary and a fine up to $10,000. The sentence could also be probated... meaning you are sentenced but then put on "straight" probation. Since it is a drug case with failed tests the defendant might end up in "SAFE P" (SAFP) rehabilitation but you really need to talk to your criminal defense attorney because there are too many possibilities to cover in this forum.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.