Carmichael, CA asked in Workers' Compensation for California

Q: What type of petition do you need to release funds in at workers comp MSA California? is there a title form number?

I've been deemed permanent and stationary and reached maximum medical improvement so why would I need future Medical? I don't want treatment I don't need treatment I would like to get the funds released somehow through petition or other legal means.

All advice welcomed. Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Ronald Mahurin

  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Point Arena, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need to review the permanent and stationary report for it will outline exactly what future medical treatment is needed or expected. It is rare that a physician deems that an injured worker is not in need of some type of future medical treatment. However, often the suggested future medical treatment is minimal, which means it is not worth much money

I believe you are suggesting a Compromise and Release where the insurance carrier buys out your claim completely. It is common, but the carrier is not required to Compromise and Release your case. The carrier will estimate the cost of future medical treatment and offer you a settlement that includes PD, any unpaid TTD, and future medical treatment, less credit for payments made.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.