Amarillo, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: I have been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon but never had, used, or even said I had a weapon.

There was never a weapon there and the victim said he thought I had a weapon but wasn't sure. Everybody there was very intoxicated. I never had a weapon or used one but still got charged. I don't understand why I got charged with that. Nobody got seriously injured and no one went to the hospital. I only had the fight with the one guy but I'm being charged with 2 counts and never touched or said anything to that other guy. The prosecutor doesn't even know what type of weapon there was cause there wasn't a weapon. I don't understand why I'm getting charged with such a serious charge when I never had a weapon.