Orlando, FL asked in Family Law for Louisiana

Q: I have had my grandchildren 5 years in April.The mother is reunited with the youngest child's father and want them back

The state if Texas took custody of 2 of them and Louisiana I of them.They want me to give the kids back.Is it possible for them to get them back through the courts.They have visitation and a child support order.They are parents in name only for two of the.The husband is the father of the youngest,the middle child's father has no contact and the oldest is in jail for cruelty to a juvenile after his son was injured and neglected.Is it possible for them to take me to court and get them?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Ellen Cronin Badeaux

  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Where did the parents file for custody, Louisiana or Texas?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.