Haynesville, LA asked in Divorce for Louisiana

Q: I am trying to get a divorce from my husband we have no kids are nothing together he had raped me

the last time I knew he was in the Springhill area i have not talked to him since he left me

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Douglas Lee Bryan

  • Marksville, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You can get a divorce even if you aren't sure of his current address. It's always best to attempt to locate an address for him, however. If you don't know where he is, the process takes longer and is more costly. Feel free to give me a call and I'll be happy to discuss the process and potential costs, including fees.

Ellen Cronin Badeaux

  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Call a divorce attorney to get the process started for you. They can locate him.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.