Q: I was convicted of a crime and feel I've been abused by the system what should I do?

Ive been a victim of malicious prosecution. Racial, bias, discriminating acts from judge, DA, Public defender, sheriff's, and a racist jury with 12 white people and 1 Hispanic. Lies under oath, couching of witnesses, who were the same sheriff's that threaten me. Then acted on those threats by physically, mentally abusing me, putting me out of work for over a year. while fighting the same cases. then denied me representation numerous times. Had motions denied and sealed transcripts not recorded, transcripts that are missing, lies in the transcript. The judge allowed all this misconduct to happen. my public defender the one I've tried to fire since 2016 still hasn't done anything. a matter of fact he let them do so much harm to me it's criminal. needs to be disbarred. So I'm appealing my case and even though I still haven't had proper representation. Ventura County says that they're not going to appoint me representation. What do I do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Reach out to the ACLU [https://www.aclu.org/],

or contact the Innocence Project [https://californiainnocenceproject.org/?gclid=CjwKCAiA7vTiBRAqEiwA4NTO619-Cl7XEVBnG1ildi__nhZVMsPTWVi4E3yqcx9_XbJZE06PEobbxoC4JgQAvD_BwE]

You can copy and paste either link in your browser.

Focus on lawyers with criminal defense experience, and if you have family members who can help, ask them to assist you in finding a good lawyer to help you. Some of the biggest law firms in Los Angeles have pro bono services to assist people just like you. I suggest you write a letter outlining your case from the beginning to now, and make lots of copies and start sending them to every big firm you can find on the internet, located in Southern California.

Get right to work because you have no time to waste. You may also want to concentrate on lawyers with experience filing habeas corpus petitions in the federal court. I have no idea of what stage of the case you are in, but you can begin by helping yourself get the best lawyers you can. And never quit, keep fighting for your innocence.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.