New Orleans, LA asked in Family Law and Domestic Violence for Louisiana

Q: I live in Chalmette, Louisiana..and I need some assistance. I was the caretaker to my elderly parents age 82 and 87

My parents own the home, the locks were changed and I do not have access to my now I am homeless and I want to see my mom...but my step brothers are using intimidation to keep me from seeing my mom. One step brother who is an ex con and is currently on probation, his wife assaulted me in the home I was living in police report was file..but now they will not let me see my mom unless one of them are there...I do not want to be around the one whose wife assaulted me had a scheduled visit to see my mom at 9AM...and did not keep it because the ex-con's vehicle was in the driveway. There is no type of temporary restraining orders are any is purely a matter of spite that they are doing this.

I am 60 years old and have lived there for 5 1/2 years taking care of my parents. Do I have any rights to visit my mom without the ex-con and his wife being in the house as they do not reside I fear they will try to assault me. Please help.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Ellen Cronin Badeaux

  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You can hire an attorney to seek interdiction of your parents.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.