Joliet, IL asked in Criminal Law for Illinois

Q: I was given the wrong court appearance date In Joliet, IL what should I do now?

I was issued a ticket on the date of Jan 13 2019. The ticket i received said I had to go to court on Feb 02 2019. This is a Saturday in Illinois which usually they dont have court on Saturdays. On the day of I checked to see if the court house was open and it was not it was closed. Before the date of that Saturday I looked online to try and find my ticket and it wasnt even there so I couldnt verify the date. About an hour ago I looked it up again and now the ticket has shown up in the system, but the date is 02/04/2019 which is not the one I have on my ticket. What should i do about this ticket for I fear I may have a warrant for my arrest.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William Wolf
William Wolf
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: A lawyer would be a help to look into what happened as well as filing a motion to vacate any judgment or warrant against you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.