Vero Beach, FL asked in Animal / Dog Law for Florida

Q: I Want to sue for ownership of my dog in Florida which they say my deceased husband gifted them.

I adopted a mixed breed dog in Idaho in 2008 for my then 7 year old son xmas/birthday. I was married in 12/2009. My dog has been with us until 12/2017. (My son is now 17 years old). My husband passed away 12/2017 in Florida and now my husband's family has been concealing the dog from me and now tells me they are keeping him. They have told us several different stories...i.e. the dog was sold....then, I abandoned the dog, now, it is that my husband gave it to them before he died. What are the legal statutes on which I can sue to get our dog returned?