Asked in Immigration Law for Illinois

Q: My H1b got some issues and my spouse has a GC. Which visa option is best for me? Tourist / Student / Dependent?

Hi I recently came to India back from US for some days and realized that I have to stay longer here due to some issues of my employer with DOL. I was there on H1b. My spouse has a green card and for now I will like to know which other visa can take me back to US as we have our home there. Spouse has GC for 6+ years now. Should I apply for tourist or Student? Am confused as there is no 'Dependent' visa like H4 for my case. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Deron Edward Smallcomb
Deron Edward Smallcomb
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • San Diego, CA

A: You should contact an experienced immigration attorney and discuss in further detail. You have more than one option here.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.