Exeter, CA asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Domestic Violence for California

Q: I need a lawyer from Tulare county who can help get my childeren from my ex husband.

Custody order is in place from Stanislaus county father took childeren while they enrolled in school here in tulare county and filed up there..its been a few yrs and with no luck i couldnt get them back. Im seeking help to bring them back to me..i dont have very much money but i am willing to pay if someone can help.

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: More info is needed to properly evaluate your case.

However, it appears at first blush that Tulare Co has jurisdiction for now. I would contact legal aid there or the courts to see if they have pro bono lawyers to assist you.,

What you are doing is the same as asking a doctor to diagnose your problem over the phone when you say I have a stomach ache, can you cure me and what will it cost?

However, it is always a good idea to contact a local attorney proximate to the court to which you would appear.

In other words, I am in Palm Springs and you don’t want to hire a Palm Springs lawyer for an LA case.

Most DUI and PI lawyers will offer a free consultation to review the facts. Most other areas of law are handled on an hourly, and thus I always suggest a prospective client write out a detailed summary in a page or so. That way you are not paying a lawyer to play secretary.

Call a local attorney to discuss your matter in more detail and to request an appointment.

If you need help finding a good lawyer please contact me at my number below. Good Luck

Dale Gribow

Attorney at Law

“TOP LAWYER” Palm Springs Life

73-061 El Paseo, Suite 220

Palm Desert, CA 92260

Office - 760-837-7500

Fax - 760 837-7502



Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.