Circleville, OH asked in Child Custody for Ohio

Q: I have had custody of my grandson since he has been 18months he is 7 now. His mom has been in his life the last 3 years

She wants full custody back now. Do I have a chance to keep custody???

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Joseph Jaap

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: There is a chance that the court would start giving her time with the child now, and possibly full custody later. The court will determine what is in the best interest of the child based on all the testimony and evidence presented to the court. Use the Find a Lawyer tab to retain a local family law attorney to help you with that process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.