Houston, TX asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Michigan

Q: Will the court reduce my CS Obligation (Michigan) (Genesee County)

I was making $15hr and moved to Texas currently making 12hr, I'm forced to work all my off days as overtime just to pay the obligation and rent with barely any money left after, not to mention it takes a toll on my body not having any off days, I get my children for the summer court ordered and fear I won't be able to provide for them or be able to spend time with them as I would have to continue to work everyday...will the court consider lowering my CS

1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: You may ask the Friend of the Court for an income review.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.