Q: In the case of child abuse...

if the one parent is accusing the other parent of child abuse but the allegations are false but the child is being abused by someone how to prove who is involved with the abuse.

1 Lawyer Answer
Marc David Pelta
Marc David Pelta
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • San Francisco, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The facts you shared do raise some important legal issues and rights. And without knowing more, I cannot answer it completely. A CPS (and some counties have had this agency re-named) worker will have to be involved and be open to your information. If she or he sees it your way then that is the sort answer to your question. Often times CPS/HSA/social services cannot decide who caused the injury to the child.

More information is needed.

If you would like to consider hiring an experienced private criminal defense attorney -- which always has its benefits because public defenders (if you get one) are overworked and not able to give clients the kind of attention a private attorney can -- then please go ahead and make the appointment to get your question answer correctly.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.