San Diego, CA asked in Divorce and Family Law for California

Q: Wife's attorney is stonewalling requests for documents, though the judge asked us to reconcile -if not he will decide.

I sent Form intorogatories and later 1st meet and confer letter.

Wife''s attorney declined to produce financial documents that I asked such as bank statements, retirement current paystubs etc. (California -full disclousure).

Each paragraph answered: I took diligence and was unable to produce docs ....either lost/misplaces/or destroyed or never existed etc. (how bank statements could be destroyed/lost or misplaced -I asked to print those out -you have access to them everytime you login to your bank -similiar paystubs -you ask your HR person and I know her place of work was not 'stolen or misplaced'l lol

Judge told us to come to conclusion in 90 days -if not he will decide in our case.

Should I file another Interogatories? or write 2nd meet and confer? or maybe wait till our next family resolution conference?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tobie Brina Waxman
Tobie Brina Waxman
  • Culver City, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Your remedy for failure to respond to discovery or failure to provide further responses after a meet and confer is to file a motion to compel, assuming you have missed the deadline to do so.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.