Great Bend, KS asked in Traffic Tickets for Missouri

Q: I received a C&I ticket with no fine amount. Does anyone know the fine? It has been almost 3 weeks and it’s not filed.

The ticket has still not been filed with the courts. I have been checking Missouri Case net and called but no one has seen it. Does anyone know what the average fine is for a C&I? I live a decent distance away and want to get it paid so I don’t have to come back for court.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrea Rogers
Andrea Rogers
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • St. Louis, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: For a Careless & Imprudent Driving ticket, it's usually a mandatory court appearance. That's why there is no fine amount listed on the ticket. If you want to plead guilty as charged, you have to go to court on your court date and the judge will determine the amount of the fine.

In some courts like St. Louis County Circuit Court and St. Charles County Circuit Court, it can take 2 to 4 months for the ticket to get filed and a court date to be set.

FYI - If you plead guilty to C&I, points will be added to your driving record, and your insurance company may increase the price of your car insurance because of the C&I conviction.

You can hire an attorney to appear in court for you and get your C&I ticket reduced to a non-moving, no-point violation. You will have to pay a fine and court costs (and you might also be required to attend driving school), but you will most likely not be required to appear in court. The fine is usually a little higher than the original fine when you get a ticket amended to a non-moving, no-point violation. An experienced traffic law attorney can give you an estimate of the fine and court costs that you will have to pay, along with a flat fee price quote for how much they will charge to represent you.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.