Q: Fiancé did time for a case 10 plus years ago, got arrested for a different type of crime did 7 years for. After 2weeks

Of getting out his parole officer put an ankle monitor on him for the previous case he did over 10 years ago. That was not part of his current case nor his conditions. It Never was mentioned by the judge either As his release conditions. His civil rights are being violated by wearing this monitor and we would like to know Who he can talk to regarding this. He has done his time and finished everything needed and in good standings, but has to wear this thing for 3 years when it wasn’t part of his parole conditions. Please help. Thank you and God bless

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: MUCH More info is needed to properly evaluate your case.

However, it is always a good idea to contact a local attorney that handles these cases in the courthouse to which you are ordered to appear or in which you appeared.

In other words, I am in Palm Springs and you don’t want to hire a Palm Springs lawyer for an Orange Co case.

Most criminal and accident lawyers will offer a free consultation to review the facts.

Call a local attorney to discuss this matter in more detail and request an appointment or contact the lawyer that represented him in the past.

Don't discuss your matter on a platform like this as what you say can be used against you.

If you need help finding a good lawyer and can afford one, please contact me at 760 8377500 or dale@dalegribowlaw.com for names of lawyers in your area.

Good Luck

Dale Gribow

Attorney at Law

“TOP LAWYER” Palm Springs Life

73-061 El Paseo, Suite 220

Palm Desert, CA 92260

Office - 760-837-7500

Fax - 760 837-7502



Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.