Sedalia, MO asked in Traffic Tickets for Missouri

Q: I got a ticket for driving a motor vehicle the wrong way on a one way street, which it was late at night.

I had to use my GPS to get out of the town, and which my GPS told me to make a U Turn as possible. I never been in this town and the roads are confusing, my question is if I did not know that the road i was driving in was a one way and i was in the line that if it was a 2 line, can i get this ticket dismiss or low to something else I got this ticket in Missouri

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
  • Chesterfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You are unlikely to get it dismissed but if you hire an attorney, the attorney might be able to work out a deal whereby you plead guilty to a non-moving violation in exchange for paying a higher fine. That is common in Missouri and could save you money on insurance in the long run. Or you could simply defend the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.