Asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania

Q: My traffic citation has the wrong date on it, says I was stopped in February but the stop actually happened in March

Traffic stop was March 30th the date on the citation says Feb 20th can this be thrown out?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Peter N. Munsing

  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You can try. What is important is the date recited. If it says on February 20 the Defendant did...... you can plead not guilty. DJ courts aren't big on typos but there's a difference between a 20 and a 30, a february and a March--they might give it to you. Be careful if you win and have to drive that area--you can bet someone will be watching for you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.