Atlanta, GA asked in Child Custody for Georgia

Q: Can I win custody with recordings of mother admitting making daughter clean up drunk boyfriends throw up/spit off floor?

My kids mother has physical custody for my two kids girl 11 and boy 13. her boyfriend is an alcoholic and she had my daughter cleaning up his spit and throw up off the floor. We got divorced in 2017 and the kids remained living with me when she moved out until I got remarried and she decided to come take them away. They have lived with me all their life except for the months they were taken Jan 2019 - now of 2019. I have audio and text of her admitting to physical fights between her and boyfriend and she has not been employed at any job for over 3 months at a time for any job she has ever had. I’m on disability and remarried and fear she may try to argue my disability to win case. Is the evidence of making our daughter clean up spit and throw up of drunken boyfriend and he got drunk on my daughter birthday and made her leave the restaurant before eating and dropped her and her mom off at the entrance of apartment complex and made her walk home at night on her birthday enough to win.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Samantha A Holloway
Samantha A Holloway
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: It is difficult to say if specific instances will enough evidence to win a modification of custody. The decision will ultimately be made by a judge, and we are not judges. A judge will typically hear all of the evidence that is presented and determine what living situation is in your child's best interest.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.