Yukon, OK asked in Real Estate Law and Landlord - Tenant for Oklahoma

Q: Do I need an attorney to file a contract for deed or can I do it on my own?

I was served a 10 day notice to quit on a property that I have a purchase agreement on through the owner. He is trying to push me off the land as he recently obtained a permit to grow medical marijuana. I have receipts and proof all payments are current.. I have been paying extra for the taxes and insurance to him and have left the water in his name as he requested in the beginning as he has no payment on the water.

1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Winblad
Richard Winblad
  • Edmond, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: If the contract notarized with seller's signature you can file it as is. If not see an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.