Asked in Tax Law for Louisiana

Q: Bought new mobile home in 2000 I'm disabled couldn't read well and they didn't charge me taxes now I'm trying to donate

And they say I owe taxes on it 19 years worth

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Although it will be very difficult for you to explain how you managed to buy a mobile home 19 years ago and never--even once--heard about the annual property taxes that everyone else in the mobile home park has been paying for 19 years, I still think it is worth a shot. Perhaps the taxing authorities will consider some sort of special accommodation to help you get right with the law before you can donate (?) it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.