Asked in Immigration Law

Q: How do I get my brother, an illegal alien in the USA, back to India? He doesn't come back because of the 10 years ban.

He is independently wealthy in India , though he lives under the radar in RI.

He hasn't been back home for over 2 decades. As a result, our inherited real estate in India, is stuck in a quagmire without him being here. Our wealthy grandparents and our mother have passed away during this time.

Please help to find a way to get him back.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Hector E. Quiroga
Hector E. Quiroga
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: Based on the facts given, there is no way. If he is married to a USC, or if he has USC children over 21, a petition can be filed on his behalf by someone who meets that criterion, and he can apply for a green card. He might have to apply for a waiver of his unlawful presence.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.