Sidney, OH asked in Child Support for Ohio

Q: I have a shared parenting plan. The dad is not taking the kids his time. Can I ask for an adjustment on child support?

In the agreement, he is to have the kids every other week. Child support has been reduced from $1000 a month to $500 because of this. He has made no effort to take them for his week for the past year. Every weekend he goes away, I have tracked it on a calendar. The children are 14 and 16 and do not want to go to his house.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Denise Rini Esq
Denise Rini Esq
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Greetings from the North Coast. The short answer is YES. The Court may deviate the Child Support Guidelines based on time spent. You will have to file a Motion to Modify Child Support and the amount must be more than 10% of the current child support.

Hope this helps. denise

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.