San Francisco, CA asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: Is there a way for my boyfriend to come to USA so we can live together here?

I am a lawful permanent resident with a Green Card (won from the DV lottery; arrived in USA July 2018). My boyfriend of almost 3 years is living in the UK illegally. He is originally from India and has lived in the UK illegally since 2002. Is there a way for my boyfriend to come to USA so we can live together here?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin L Dixler
Kevin L Dixler
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL

A: It will take a while. Perhaps, longer than you anticipate. I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney before there are any other complications. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.