New Orleans, LA asked in DUI / DWI and Family Law for Louisiana

Q: I’m wanting to find out if I have any rights at all to my grandbaby, whom I do have a relationship with but ONLY....

Allowed to see her if I go to my daughters house. My daughter has been getting mentally abused by her husband since even before baby was born. My daughter and her husband live with my ex husband. I’m remarried and of course it’s an issue, but I make it a point to go see my grandbaby at least once a week, when I’m allowed. My daughter is not “Allowed” to go anywhere with the baby, not even at my house because her husband refuses her to leave the house unless he’s with her. I was in delivery room. I have always been there for my daughter and her husband hates me for that. I’m so torn inside about this. After baby was born and they were able to go home, and she had a C-Section, I wanted to go help her, and again I wasn’t allowed. That hurt me because me and my daughter are very close, but he hates that. I told her I was seeking an attorney for at least a whole day of visitation she cried and begged me not to because it would make their relationship end. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: If your daughter doesn't give you visitation, you have none.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.