Lawrenceville, GA asked in Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: My son was locked up in cobb County jail for a nick bag of weed and criminal trust passing in Feb 2019 when I bonded

When I bonded him out those were the charges but yesterday when we went to court they slap another charge obstruction of an officer which isn't true my son was the o e beaten after placed in hand cuffs they druged him and he suffered a sprain shoulder and lasions on his shoulder arms and legs yes he went to emergency within 24 hrs of release he did not want them to take him while arrested he was scared they would beat on him some more I have his shirt and pants that has blood all on them where he was druged by officer ppl were standing around and asking why u doing that to him when he did no resit arrest they cannot give him another charge after he was bonded out to cover their own wrong doings my son shouldn't have to took a charge he did not do which is obstruction of an officer that is not right plz can you contact me cause he would like to go back I. Front of tha judge that charge is bogus

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Ecleynne Mercy

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You need to get an attorney, who will review the evidence and review the case. There may be some appropriate motions that need to be filed. Requesting the copy of the dash cam and body cam will help in the attorney's investigation. The arraignment is when the court informs the Defendant of the charges he is facing. The state has up until arraignment to add, subtract, or amend charges. He will need an attorney to argue the obstruction charge. I hope this helps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.