Philadelphia, PA asked in Civil Rights for Pennsylvania

Q: Car was impounded to do further search. I was not allowed to get personal belongings house key

No permission to search, found small tuperware container on backseat with "residue" found paraphilnia in trunk of car. Impounded to search further..wasnt allowed to have anything out of car. Reason for being pulled over changed...first was plexi glass side back window at 1am. Then it was registration then switched license plate light was out. We asked flr car to be started and lights on to show us the light was out and officer refused.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: If you were charged you need to get with an attorney who handles criminal cases in that county. If you weren't charged you need your car back. Then contact the pennsylvania civil liberties union, ask for the names of "cooperating attorneys" in your area. They usually will give free consults.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.