Middletown, OH asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: My husband has sole custody and i have supervised visits which hes refusing for a year now...what can i do?

Were still married. The kids have been living w him for over a year between his moms and his gf...he wont let me talk to or see them. Visits are supposed to be agreed by Both of us and it hasnt happened in over a year. I pay child support. Please help. I miss my kids. And his new girlfriend doesn't want me coming back in their life period. I still have rights to my kids. I just dont have a lot of money to get a lawyer. In miami county they just passed a law that its out of juvenile jurisdiction if the parties are still married w kids. I was the first case they had to deal with in the common pleas court which was also frustrating because they would not tell me what paperwork i needed for what i was trying to do because thats giving legal advice. And im clueless when it comes to legal stuff.

1 Lawyer Answer
Denise Rini Esq
Denise Rini Esq
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: If you are still married and there is a Court Order for supervised parenting, file a Motion to Show Cause in the Court. A Motion will notify the Court that you have been denied any contact with your child and the Father will have to appear and explain why. Most Courts have the forms on line, depending on the jurisdiction.

Hope this helps and good luck.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.