Pompano Beach, FL asked in Family Law for Alabama

Q: Mother is married for immigration purposes. How can the husband disestablish paternity without going to court?

Mother married an immigrant so he can get his green card. Biological father wants to see his kids but the mother refuses to let him see his children. He took her to court and told the judge she is married. By law the immigrant is the legal father. The biological father hasn’t seen his children in over a year. Can the biological father have any way to go around this? He is in Florida the mother & children are in AL. They have an on going court case. She left without his permission. How can he get custody of his kids. The immigrant has nothing to do with the mother. They live in seperate states. She never had a relationship with this man. The biological father has been her boyfriend for 16 years.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: You can get all of this done with a court order, but you can't do it without going to Court. The mother should file a paternity action in the county where she and the children live.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.