Q: If I left my belongings at my ex girlfriend's house...and now she wont give it back...what can I do to get my things?

She says she dont have them and that I took them with me...but I didnt...the clothes are my companies not mine...the rest she can have

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Your only recourse is justice of the peace course or suck it up and buy new uniforms.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: It's a classic "he said she said." She says she didn't have them so the police won't arrest her or charge her just because you say she had them. You can ask the police--see if their asking her get's her to release them but otherwise as Ms. Badeaux states you should file your case in small claims.