Detroit, MI asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Domestic Violence for Ohio

Q: 1 dv charge husband plead not guilty but requested no court appointed lawyer can't afford his own ?

my husband and i got into an argument it was loud out of control the police was called to get order but the police took my husband because the way he was speaking and charged him with dv even when i stated he not a threat and i do not want to press charges now he has a tpo and a dv pending the prosecutor suponea me to testify i dont want to and the pros. has been told that what should we do he goes to trial and has no lawyer lorain ohio judge elway

1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: He really ought to either hire an attorney or ask the court to appoint one.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.