Hempstead, NY asked in Family Law for New York

Q: wife need help with our 1yr old son while giving birth to our second baby. Will parole violate me ?

My parole officer had me sign a stay away/no contact order with my wife on their discretion. I’m also in an inpatient program where I can’t leave(I can sign out but it would be violating parole orders). The hospital said my 1year old can stay as long as someone is there if not he would be placed in temp foster care until my wife is discharged and we don’t want that when I’m in his life. Can parole say no ? And violate me if I go anyways ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lawrence Allen Weinreich
Lawrence Allen Weinreich
  • Garden City, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: The answer is yes they can violate you

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.