Mesa, AZ asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: Why does my case status still say probation?

Why does my case status still say probation

After nine years, also noticed my case was assigned to collections.. I was 18 when i was paying payments but only owed 100 dollors

I guess i forgot about it till now.. never got notified or anything.. also did a background on myself and it said case closed.. I'm wondering if i could have a bench warrant?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Gary Kollin

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: Easy way to find out: contact the clerk's office

Dale S. Gribow

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: need more info

i would assume though the case was over you were put on probably informal summary probation with conditions you were required to complete.

if you did not pay the fine then you violated a condition of probation and a bench warrant was issued.

you would probably need for your lawyer to put the matter on the calendar and then move to quash the BW.................and pay the fine beforehand if they will accept it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.