Winter Park, FL asked in Business Law for Florida

Q: What do I have to do to put a condo I own in Florida into a LLC from Purto Rico

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Phillip William Gunthert
Phillip William Gunthert
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You really will need to get hold of a Florida Business Attorney. The LLC would have to be registered with the Florida Department of State for starters. Then you would need to look into all the details related to the property, insurance (is there a problem once it is transferred into an LLC), Mortgage due on sale or transfer clauses (could be an issue), document stamps, Why are you putting the property into an LLC (if it is liability protection, do you have the proper insurance for your business, do you treat your LLC separate from yourself, does the LLC have its own bank accounts, do you avoid commingling funds of the personal nature with your business accounts, has the LLC been properly funded, is there at least a secondary LLC member "piercing the corp. veil issues"). You can start by visiting the site for an excellent starting point. You may well just be better off starting your own Florida LLC just for that property and or your business. Anyway, many more details would be needed and information necessary based on your precise business, circumstances as well as owners and near term as well as future plans for the business and property. There really is just no good way to easily answer such questions in such a limited forum like this online. Your starting point if you want to wing it alone (not recommended of course), go to and look up the process of registering a foreign LLC in Florida which is called a foreign qualification. I am also assuming that you already have a good operating agreement for your presently existing LLC as well.

Bruce Alexander Minnick agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.