Barstow, CA asked in Personal Injury and Civil Rights for California

Q: So I was at my ex boyfriend house I woke up my car was stolen. I had just purchased the car my title was in my car

Related Topics:
4 Lawyer Answers

William John Light

  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Riverside, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Call the police and your insurer.

Tim Akpinar and Stephen Arnold Black agree with this answer

Tim Akpinar


A: I'm sorry your car was stolen. If your policy covers theft, contact your insurance agent/carrier. Contact the police. Good luck for recovery of your car.

Tim Akpinar

Theodore Allan Greene

  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Hopefully you had insurance. Since you had the title you must have paid cash. That usually means the "market value" of the car is less than you paid unless you had replacement insurance. The police may find it and hopefully not damaged too badly.

Dale S. Gribow

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: if your car was stolen call the police and notify your insurance company.

if the issue is that your boyfriend took it then you have to decide if you want to get him in trouble......if you can prove he was involved.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.