Orrville, OH asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Indiana

Q: My wife recently left when i was at work and took our 1 year old son. She wont let me see him at all. What can i do?

Nothing has been filed with the courts. No divorce paperwork has been filed. We weren't talking about getting a divorce before this. As of right now neither one of us have custody over my son as i understand it, since we were married when my son was born. Is there anything i can file to gain temporary custody until we go to court?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Mario Acosta Jr.
John Mario Acosta Jr.
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Valparaiso, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: Based on your question I would need more information to give you the proper legal advise. Was this as a result of a paternity action or a divorce? What type of custody do you have of the child?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.