Asked in Criminal Law for Colorado

Q: I am on probation in Colorado. I also was sleeping out of my car. I couldn't handle it left with no permission to ohio

The dui was 2 years ago. I have finished everything up 27 hours of community service. How can I fix this

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Greenlee
Jonathan Greenlee
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Boulder, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: If you left the state without permission from probation, they will file a motion to revoke your probation and a warrant for your arrest. If you have finished almost everything, they may be willing to set a bond you can post on the warrant and let you finish probation successful, or terminate you unsuccessfully with a minor punitive sanction, like a few days in jail.

If your PO has not realized you are gone yet and issued a warrant, you can come back and finish your requirements. If they have issued a warrant already, you will need to turn yourself in, bond, and deal with whatever the repercussions are.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.