Bartlesville, OK asked in Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: Custodial parent routinely refuses to allow phone visitation with children.

No phone visit as punishment for child or if angry with former spouse.

Will not allow children to have phone bought by father. Will not allow father to install location app (custodial parent takes children out of state. Also leaves them with questionable adults for extended periods without informing non-custodial parent)

What actions are available to non-custodial spouse?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Doak Willis
Doak Willis
  • Tahlequah, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Your decree of dissolution would have to be reviewed by an attorney handling divorce and child custody/visitation issues in order to properly answer your question. Your decree should spell out your phone visitation rights. If they are being abused in contravention of what your decree states, then you could file for indirect contempt of Court. As for the phone, if she is the custodial parent, she would have the right to determine the children's use of a phone unless the decree speaks to that issue. If she is endangering the children by leaving them with people who are merely questionable, you would need more evidence to show that those folks are a danger to your children's health and welfare before filing any type of motion to modify your decree concerning custody or visitation.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.