Bartlesville, OK asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Oklahoma

Q: I'm Pro Se. What document do you file after a failed family court mediation? State is OK. Case has been open a year.

I filed a Motion to Modify Child Custody, Visitation and Child Support over a year ago in Oklahoma. The judge ordered us to attend mediation. We agreed on Child Custody and Visitation issues in mediation and signed our intent. My attorney at the time wrote up an order for the agreements in mediation along with the standard CS calculation. The Defendent (my Ex) has refused to sign the Cuild Custody and Visitiation as agreed in mediation and has not provided a response. And he has argued over the CS calculation for over a year. I'm Pro Se now and representing myself at trial. I can't afford more attorny fees. What is the next document I file to compel the Defendent to respond to the Order my attorney presented after Mediation? Will a Motion to Settle work? Thank you!

1 Lawyer Answer
Doak Willis
Doak Willis
  • Tahlequah, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Yes. A motion to settle along with an order for hearing that motion needs to be filed.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.