Warner Robins, GA asked in Civil Litigation for Georgia

Q: My mother in law passed away and my brother in law was her power of attorney. He has not probated. How do we do this?

How do we probate the will. He did not even notify siblings of the death. He has removed everything from her house. How do we get answers to my mother in laws estate?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar

A: I'm very sorry for your loss. You could try reposting your question in the Probate and Estate Planning sections where an attorney who is knowledgeable in this area could have a better chance of noticing it. It was probably overlooked all this time in the Civil Litigation section. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.