Asked in Contracts for Missouri

Q: How can I recover my belongings in this storage unit?

My ex helped me move my belongings and my childrens to a storage unit. He only listed it under his name.

He has denied me access after a domestic ciolence with him. And has refused to pay it. It has my and my childrens prescription medications along with my gun registered in my name that I bought. I have him recorded stating everything is mine in that storage unit while him and I were speaking. What can I do to recover our belongings?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick

A: Unless someone continues paying for the storage unit the storage has the right to lock it--and after a certain period of time--the right to open it and remove all the property. So: If all the stuff is yours go tell the storage company what's happening, and tell them you will be glad to pay all the unpaid charges in arrears if they will gif your stuff back to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.