York Haven, PA asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Domestic Violence for Pennsylvania

Q: Who can help me with my case? I think I need to counsel of my own.

My son was physically abused by my stepfather. He waived his preliminary hearing and I am trying to get a PFA. The lawyer that they gave me to assist does not seem to be much help. My stepfather's lawyer stated that they will work with us on the PFA if I do not crucify he at the criminal hearing. But I want him to pay for what he did and I want the PFA for at least 2 years.

1 Lawyer Answer
Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Contact MidPenn Legal Services at (717) 848-3605 - that's your local York Co. legal aid organization.

You can also connect with a local attorney through the York Co. Bar Association. See further details at https://www.yorkbar.com/page/YCBAAC.

Best of luck to you.

Penelope A. Boyd agrees with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.