Rosenberg, TX asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Texas

Q: My stepmom sold my dadproperty with out me knowing she only listed her kids and not me on court documents what can I do

My dad was married but separated when he had me. Now she will not list me as a child of his only her children she had with my dad and she knows I exist. She had even had court papers notarized with me not being as a child of his. She did a heirship affidavit and my name is not as a descendent.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Terry Lynn Garrett

  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Take the papers and proof that he is your father (such as your birth certificate) to a local probate lawyer ASAP.

Tammy Lyn Wincott

  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I agree with Ms. Garrett; you need to take all paperwork to a local probate attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.