Shreveport, LA asked in Child Custody for Louisiana

Q: My question has to do with overnight guest Clause in my divorce papers

My 11-year-old son and myself were locked out of my complex due to gate jamming. We were invited to stay the night with a married couple whose son goes to school with my son. At the time it seem like an easy fix to the situation since I could not get inside my complex, It was only later that I realized I might’ve violated my overnight guest clause in my divorce papers. The clause states that neither party is to have overnight guest not related by blood or marriage when possession of the minor children with overnight being defined as from 11 PM to 7 AM. Have I put myself in jeopardy to lose my joint custody.Please advise thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You are fine. This is an easily explainable exception. Can you get a copy of the receipt.for the technician repairing the gare?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.