Stone Mountain, GA asked in Child Custody for Georgia

Q: What are the options for answering/responding to an order to Domesticate a Foreign Judgement of Child Custody?

I am seeking to modify/change the foreign order & have all of the necessary evidence to back my case available. I am just not sure if I file for full custody OR ask for modification of the foreign order in regards to how I should actually answer/respond?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Regina Irene Edwards
Regina Irene Edwards
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: How to answer a case you've been served with is something too specific that can be answered here. You need to consult with an attorney to make sure it is done correctly. Having all the necessary evidence won't help if you don't know the correct procedures for introducing it to the court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.