San Jacinto, CA asked in Civil Rights and Libel & Slander for California

Q: How do I file a suit for racial profiling against a retail chain?

The situation was that I walked into my local Rite Aid to return two items that I had purchased. I presented the item to the clerk. The items that I purchased was by one and get the second for free. After scanning the first item, I was told by the clerk that the item had already been returned. When I inquired of how that could happen when I walked in with the item and the receipt, I was told by the clerk that I could have taken the item off the rack. Upon scanning the second item, the transaction with through successfully. I was not offered an immediate apology and have researched and found that Rite Aid has acted in a discriminating matter in the past. Please advise me what are my rights as a consumer.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: There is nothing indicating racial profiling

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.