Tulsa, OK asked in Family Law and Child Support for Oklahoma

Q: My father has gaurdianship of my children. How do i file for termination of gaurdianship?

Or request ammended parental plan ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Doak Willis
Doak Willis
  • Tahlequah, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: If the conditions leading to the guardianship being filed and granted have been corrected where the guardianship is no longer needed then you must file a motion to terminate the guardianship setting forth the reasons its no longer needed and have an order for hearing signed by the Judge then those are served on the guardian. You appear on that date and put on evidence showing the guardianship is no longer needed as the conditions that caused the guardianship to be filed and granted have been rectified and ask the Judge for a return of your children. If you just want visitation changed, you file a motion to do that the same way as the motion to terminate the guardianship. I suggest you hire an attorney.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.